Wednesday, 12 March 2014

A star

So I saw this beautiful star on Emma Jean's or Scrapbag's feed and I thought wow that is spectacular, and that's the BACK of the quilt.

So I thought I know I have some scrappy triangles from the Modern Irish Bee from last year I can make a scrappy star.  The scrappy triangles are a crazymom idea. 

So I laid a load of them out on my floor.


And I thought to myself, that is going to be gorgeous!  Next question was how to join them together.  Needless to say I made a pig's ear of it!  I realised looking at Emma Jean's picture a bit closer that I would have to join these triangles in rows, so I got unpicking and sewing.


I managed to get more than half way and then I lost my enthusiasm for it, because it's so fiddly and truth be told I am not sure if I am going the right way about this.  So I will take it out again later in the week and at least get all the rows sewn and then work out how to go from there.  I do know that I have to get the star into a square finish, that's the part I am dreading. 


But I am sure if I face it on a new day I will find my enthusiasm again!

Linking up with Freshly Pieced Modern Quilts

http://www.freshlypieced.com/2014/03/wip-wednesday-babies-need-quilts.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FreshlyPieced+%28Freshly+Pieced%29
 

5 comments:

  1. TRY AGAIN! TRY AGAIN! Fi, that's going to be gorgeous!

    Thank you so very much for your votes today. You're fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful. Don't give up.You need triangles four times bigger than them if you are going to use one piece of fabric to simplify.It will get faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, it looks brilliant. Keep going, I want to see it finished and know how you did it please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Love it. Love it. Can't wait to see the finished product. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks a lot of work but it will be brilliant when its finished :-)

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!