Tuesday, 3 December 2013

A finish

Tadah!  I finally finished my Liberty cushion!  It took a lot longer than I planned but due to health reasons (my hands) things slowed down a bit.



The lovely Ali from Very Berry Handmade kindly sent me some liberty fabrics, see original post here.

I had originally intended making the whole cushion with 1" hexies, but due to my hands acting up I had to rejig the whole thing and came up with the above cushion.

It measures 16", I hand stitched with pink embroidery thread around the centre piece.  The backing fabric is Robert Kaufman Essex Linen in Rose.  It tones in perfectly.

Simple but a very elegant cushion if I say so myself.  I had intended to keep this for myself, but a FB friend wanted to buy it!  So we agreed a price and it's now hers!

x Fi

8 comments:

  1. It is a very pretty but elegant cushion. I am sure that your friend will enjoy giving it a home. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Fiona...I find very shabby chic..I can imagine with lovely white armchairs..or alike !...it is a neat work ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Liberty never fails to impress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. So talented x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful - actually maybe nicer than if it had all been hexagons!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!